STUDY GUIDE: MODULE 8
As you read this week’s textbook reading assignments, take notes in response to these questions and statements. This study guide will help you to prepare for your quiz.
Harbin: Chapter 26
1. Why did Paul write to Philemon, and what did he ask him to do?
2. What was happening to the church in Colossae that caused Paul to write to it?
3. How is Paul’s letter to the church in Ephesus different from the one to the Colossians? Why?
4. What were the key issues underlying Paul’s letter to the Philippians?
5. What happened to Paul after he was released from prison?
6. Trace the key events in the lives of the remaining apostles.
1. What is a Catholic epistle?
2. What is the focus of 1 Peter?
3. How is 2 Peter different from 1 Peter, and why is this important?
4. What is Gnosticism, and what effect did it have on the early church?
5. What is a pastoral epistle?
6. How do 1 Timothy and Titus reinforce each other?
7. How is 2 Timothy different from 1 Timothy, and why is this important?
8. Who are the possible authors of Hebrews, and what are the arguments for each?
9. What is the primary focus of the book of Hebrews?
10. What important event happened in Judea in 70 CE?
11. What is the focus of the book of Jude and how does it relate to 2 Peter? Why is this important?
1. Why is John’s gospel so significantly different from the Synoptic Gospels?
2. What is the focus of John’s first letter?
3. How are John’s second and third letters different from his first letter and from each other?
4. What are the purposes of the book of Revelation?
5. What are the four main schools of interpretation of Revelation, and what is the key premise on which they disagree?
6. What is “the Millennium,” and why is it so important?
7. What are the three main sections of Revelation?
8. What passage seems to provide a basic outline of the book?
9. How is the ending...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document