Study Guide: Module/Week 5
Derived from the class textbook, The Essence of the New Testament: A Survey (2012), and the New Testament documents.
Chpater14: Ephesians – Wealth, Walk, and Warfare
1. Ephesians is a comprehensive presentation of the __________ ________ (1:22–23). 2. The apostle Paul wrote Ephesians while imprisoned in ______ from approximately AD ______ (184). 3. The key word in Ephesians is “__________” (Gk. epouranioi). 4. Know the key verse in Ephesians.
5. The city of Ephesus was the capital of ____ ______ and the center of ______ ________ in the area (183). 6. Ephesians was likely written as a circular letter. What is meant by circular letter? 7. What are the 2 major sections of Ephesians?
8. How does the first unit of Ephesians (1:1–15) depict the unique role of each Person of the Trinity (185–186)? 9. The Greek word pistis (faith) carries a spectrum of meanings in the New Testament. Discuss the various spectrums and detail which nuance is applicable to Eph 2:8–10 (187). 10. Describe the concept of being “in Christ” as Paul portrays it in his letter to the Ephesians (188–189).
Chapter 15: Philippians – The Mind of Christ
1. Philippians may be described as an intensely ________ and intimately ________ letter (193–194). 2. Paul wrote to the church in the city of Philippi around AD 60 during his ________ imprisonment (193–194). 3. The key word in Philippians is “to ______” (Gk. phroneō). 4. Know the key verse in Philippians.
5. The account of how the church in Philippi was established is given in ________ (194). 6. Discuss how Phil 2:1–11 provides a profound example of how to live out the mind of Christ (197). 7. According to Phil 2:1–11, Jesus Christ is the supreme example of ____, ________, and __________ (197). 8. The Greek term ________emphasizes one’s thinking and attitude. According to Paul’s message to the Philippians, Christ-like thinking produces joy, peace, and contentment (197). 9. Discuss the emphasis of the phrase...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document