THE NEED TO GO BACK TO THE BIBLE (PART TWO)
TEXT JUDGES 27:6, 21:35: JUDE 3-4, 17-23 INTRODUCTION:
the challenge to everyone that desires to please God is to go back to the bible. In these last days such an individual must embrace and appreciate biblical standards and against all odds seek to live for God. *Gal. 2:20 WHAT ARE THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES WE NEED TO OBSERVE IF WE MUST GO BACK TO THE BIBLE? * We must have willing hearts. Jere. 29:13
* We must be sincere and acknowledge that the church situation today is not the best. Isa. 58:1-3; 2 cor. 11:28 * There should be deadness to self. Matt 16:24; Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23 * We must allow the Holy Spirit to be enthroned in own heart. Acts 1:8: Jn. 16:13 * There must be a desire to pray. Acts 2:1-2; James 5:16; Mark 1:35 * We must be read y to contend for faith (our belief). 2 Tim.2: 15; Col.4:17: Titus 3:8; 1 Tim. 6:12 * We must be ready to seek God. Isa. 55:6; Amos 5:4-14
We should ask for the old paths and walk in them *(Jere. 6:16) Like Daniel we should purpose in our hearts to follow God’s standards *(Dan. 1:18) Like Nehemiah we must resolve to build the broken walls in our lives. Like peter and the apostle of old, we must resolve to obey God rather than men. *(Acts 4:19)
TOPIC: THE NEED TO GO BACK TO THE BIBLE (PART THREE)
(IN THE DEMONSTRATION OF LOVE)
TEXT: MATT. 22:34-39; 10:37-39: JOHN 13:34-35; 1COR.13: 1-13 INTRODUCTION
Love as someone once said is wishing your neighbor the highest good. This is what the Bible describes as agape, the ‘God kind of love.’ This love is selfless, always wishing good to others not minding tribe, age or position. *(James 2: 1-4) WHAT ARE SOME OF THE WAYS WE CAN SHOW OUR LOVE FOR GOD?
* We must love God with all our heart. Matt.22:33; Philemon 5 * We must be obedient to his commandments. John 14: 15; Acts 4:19 * We must be ready to spend our time and resources (Money, Houses, and Cars etc) for Him. Mark 11: 1-6; 14: 12-16; ,Matt. 10-37 WHAT ARE SOME OF THE WAYS WE CAN SHOW OR EXPRESS OUR LOVE TO MEN? * You must be ready to love your neighbor as yourself
* Believers must love themselves
* We should be ready to identify with their physical needs (school fees, clearing of debts, food, clothing, etc). Matt.25: 31; James 2: 14-17; Acts 2:44; 2 Cor. 5: 8-9 * We should be willing to show mercy towards our neighbours. Pray for them. 1 John 4:7: Philemon 4-6; 2 Tim.4:5; Col. 4:17; Titus 3:8; 1 Tim.6:12 Tim. 1:3 * Visitation and word of encouragement could be used. 1 Tim.1:4 HOW CAN WE MAKE LOVE OUR LIFE STYLE?
* Be always conscious that God‘s love is already deposited in you. Rom. 5:5 * We must allow the love to blossom by depending on the Holy Spirit. * We must always have a heart of forgiveness. 1 John 4:7
effective love is one acted out. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that we demonstrate love in our relationship with people. John 3:16; 1Cor. 13:13
TOPIC: THE NEED TO GO BACK TO THE BIBLE (PART 4)
(IN THE HOPE OF OUR CALLING)
TEXT: JOHN 14:1-3; 1COR. 15:19; EPH. 1: 18: 4:4
The way many believers live and carry on in the present world does not reflect a hope in or an expectation of another kingdom. Many are living so carelessly, forgotten that Jesus will one day call for a harvest of His people. Thess. 4:16-18 WHAT IS THE GUARANTEE THAT THE LORD WILL COME AGAIN?
* God’s Himself spoke about the second coming of His son. Jude 14:15 * The Holy Spirit spoke through angels and prophets about the hope of his coming. Acts 1:11 * Jesus himself spoke about his coming....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document