THE POWER OF GRACE OF GOD
Qs.__How does the power of the Grace of God manifest in deliverance and salvation of a lost soul who is under the reign and dominion of sin? Romans 5: 20 – 21
Here we see that Gods grace must be powerful to abound (thrive) over sin and reign where sin once reigned. * It is powerful because it sovereign (supreme), reigning where sin and death once reigned in the heart of a sinner. * Once we see what Grace has to overcome to save sinners, we can begin to understand how powerful grace can be. WHAT IS IT THAT GRACE MUST OVERCOME?
1. SPIRITUAL DEADNESS
By nature we are all spiritually dead.
* That’s the condition of the whole human race apart from the grace of God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 5: 12 – 19)
* This means that we are dead to the interest of our souls. * That is the majority of the people in the world today, both in and out of the so called religion * So, Grace has to overcome this state of death; and nothing but the Power of the Grace of God in Christ can do it. 2. THE STATE OF ANTAGONISM TO THE TRUTH AND TO GOD
* It’s the tragic state of a natural man, that is, of every sinner outside Christ. * Not only do we fail to respond to the spiritual truth, but hate it, spurn. The natural mind and heart are not “the subject to the law of God” neither indeed can it be. (Romans 8: 7) & (1 Cor. 2: 14)
Qs.__ How then is this man going to be saved when he is in this condition? * Answer – it’s by the Power of Grace of God.
* Thus because, the power of the Grace reign is altogether greater than the power of sin reign. 3. OVERCOME SATAN
For we wrestle not against the flesh and body, but against the principalities, powers and rulers of the darkness of this world (spiritual wickedness). (Eph. 6: 7)
* Satan doesn’t want to lose his citizens, his slaves.
* He holds them captives at his will (2 Timothy 2: 26)
He guards and surrounds us with the mighty fortification (reinforcement); so that we...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document